Friday, March 30, 2018

Week 10 Story Planning: The Love Story of Krishna and Radha

For this week's story assignment, I wanted to look into writing a love story! I have not written a love story for this class since Rama and Sita so I felt like it was time to write one and this time about Krishna and Radha. :) Here are my notes!

I watched the Epified video clips and Epified briefly mentioned the love story of Krishna and Radha in episode 10. From the information I gathered from the video, I learned that the two meet when they were young and grew up together in the city of Vrindavan. Krisha would play his flute when he let his cows out to the field to graze and in the field were gopis, one of which was Radha. Krishna and Radha made many sacrifices for one another because they cared and loved one another. One of these sacrifices was Radha drank scolding hot milk to prove to the gopis that she loved Krishna, but it was Krishna's tongue that was red with blisters while Radha suffered no pain. Another instance of sacrifice was when Radha healed Krishna when he felt ill by letting him drink water off of her feet. The gopis thought that that act of kindness would bring them to hell, but Radha did not care and only wanted to heal Krishna. Later in another Epified episode, it was briefly mentioned that Krishna wanted to marry Radha but he could not because it was not part of his destiny. A family priest conveyed to Krishna that he was destined to be the savior of Dharma and that Radha was not part of his future. 

I searched about Krishna and Radha online and I found an article called Radha Krishna: A Divine Love to which I found some interesting information. In this source, it stated that their love was hidden from society because Radha was already a married woman!! I was shocked when I read this because that piece of information was not mentioned in the Epified videos. However, just like how Epified mentioned about how they could not get married, this source verified it. The two were separated because of Krishna's destiny, yet even though Krishna married other women, Radha still kept on waiting for him to return to her. Radha truly loved Krishna even to the point of ignoring her family honor and bringing disgrace to her husband. It is evident that Radha loved Krishna but I want to read more of the love story from Krishna's perspective. (367 Words)

Overall, for this story, which I hope to include in my Portfolio project, I want to dig a bit deeper into the love story of Krishna and Radha and eventually create my own story of theirs. :)

Bibliographies: Krishna by Epified (link) and Radha Krishna: A Divine Love by Dolls of India (link)


Krishna and Radha. Source: Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment